Monday, June 22, 2009

Stop the Madness!

“Four-year-old found dead while in the care of live-in boyfriend”

“Two-year old, with multiple internal injuries, found sodomized and dead in crib”

I am so sick and tired of reading in the newspaper or online or watching on the evening news about a child losing his/her life at the hands of a live-in boyfriend or a boyfriend who is babysitting for his girlfriend. It’s all so senseless and avoidable. I know I’m probably going to piss off some single moms out there, but I don’t care. Someone has to give these children a voice. They are the victims in these scenarios.

Stop the madness! I’ll say that again, in case you missed it:STOP THE MADNESS! I’ve never been a single mom, but if I were, I’d never, ever leave my child or children with a man I’ve just met and is dating. In many cases, these women are simply waltzing off to work, shopping or wherever and leaving their innocent babies behind to be slaughtered by men (monsters) they really don’t know. I don’t care if you think you love him, he loves you, he’s good to you, he throws down in bed. . . If you are a mother, single or married, in this day and age, you HAVE to be careful. There are no ifs, ands or buts. You have to be extra careful. We live in a world where there are a lot of evil predators lurking around and our children are their primary prey. Don’t hand over your children on a serving tray.

Women simply don’t know what they are bringing up into their homes---in some cases; it’s a sick pedophile or abuser. And they find out all too soon, usually later. Even if the children aren’t killed, they are damaged on a mental and emotional level from the abuse. It changes their lives forever. It breaks my heart to hear of these stories over and over again. Same script, different cast of characters. Women, mothers, wake the hell up, and quit trusting these monsters to be caregivers to your children. You are dating them, not your children. Quit being so trusting and accommodating for these men. I could go on and on about what low-life, trifling, slimy, disgusting mofos these men truly are. However, I won’t because we don’t have to give them power. We don’t have to give them our babies.

My children were probably two-years old before they ever stayed overnight at anyone’s home, family included. I wanted them to have the ability to talk and inform me of what was going on in any situation I placed them in. It’s a sad society that we live in; however, it is our reality. We simply don’t know what people are capable of. Sometimes it is stuff found in our worse nightmares. Female, and male children for that matter, aren’t safe these days. I’ve found that anybody can talk a good game and put on a nice demeanor for awhile;long enough to claim your trust and your children.

I’m not trying to sound preachy. . . I’m simply concerned. I’m simply passionate about our young people. I realize we can’t be with our children 24-7 and even with the best intentions and safeguards, bad things still and can happen. I’m encouraging women to act more cautious and responsible in who you are handing your children over to and bringing into their lives.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home