Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rest in Peace, Michael Jackson

Breaking news: Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, is dead at 50 years old. I can't believe it. My mind simply won't or simply can't accept this. I've been in front of my TV since the news broke. Im watching CNN, BET and other media outlets as they take us through the brilliant life of one of, if not the greatest entertainer this century has seen. And. . . I keep repeating to myself, this can't be real, he's not really dead, I can't believe this. He was suppose to live to a ripe old age and pass away quietly in his sleep.

Michael's death has reinforced two clear facts: Life is short and when it's your time, it's your time.

Michael Jackson. My first celebrity crush. Who could resist the cute, brown-skinned boy with the large brown eyes and the beautiful voice? When he sang I just knew he was singing to me and only me. When he danced, he mesmerized me with his fancy footwork. I recall I was going to marry Michael, my sister, Randy and one of my cousins was going to marry, Marlon. We had it all planned out and were going to have a triple wedding and live happily ever after and become best friends with Janet.

From my early teenage years to young adulthood, Michael Jackson songs have been right there with me every step of the way. I have a MJ song for every boy I was in love with at one time or another.

In my reflection, I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to make a major impact on the entire world. Not just the United States, but the ENTIRE world. Some people are born to make a difference, to make a change. They are far and few between. Rare jewels. Michael Jackson was one of those people, imperfections and all.

RIP Michael Jackson. You are gone but will forever be remembered and discovered for generations and generations to come. True icons never die.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Yan Tan said...

hey hunn just stopping by showing your blog some love..very interesting...we love it : )


**yanan**

come stop by sometime.. ;-p

Friday, June 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home