Friday, June 05, 2009

It's My Birthday! It's My Birthday!

It's my birthday! It's my birthday! Go, Electa! Go, Electa!

Seriously, I feel so blessed to be alive and healthy for another year. And to have the outpouring of birthday wishes that I've received today is an added bonus. It warms my heart to no end. Big hugs and smooches to everyone.

I believe in and I try to give people their "flowers" while they are alive. Life really is too short and sometimes we get caught up in just getting by, doing the day to day, rolling with the ups and downs, that we take the people in our lives, especially the ones that truly matter to us, for granted. We forget or neglect to extend common courtesies because we think they will always be around, always be there. I learned early on that is not always the case.

I try to live my life in a manner in which I'm kind to everyone and try not to take anyone for granted. When I was younger, I used to have this theory that I wouldn't live to see 30. Strange, I know. Yeah, I'm probably in need of some therapy. I came to this belief after witnessing my aunt die at 32, my dad at 34 and a sister at 1 year old. I thought perhaps we had some type of generational curse going on. I just know that when I hit 30, I felt so blessed because I was alive and well.

Life lesson: Be thankful for each and every day and don't take the people in your life for granted. Tell your significant others that you love them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home