Friday, December 16, 2005

Musings On a Friday Night. . .

It's a Friday night at 9:59 p.m. (I love to date my postings because it always amazes me how moments in time will never, ever happen again). That's why I love to collect old photos; a moment in time, be it happy or sad, is captured forever. I have my old journals and sometimes I will read through those and think. . ."wow, that is what I was thinking and feeling back then, if only I knew what I know now." Or other times, I wish I could go back to a particular moment in time and relive it. Wouldn't that be amazing?

But anyway. . . I'm back to blogging. It's been awhile, but I can't stay away too long. Life takes me off in a million different directions, but I always come back (LOL). Writing is my therapy; it clears out all the clutter from every day living. And I have lots of clutter.

What can we talk about tonight? My thoughts are all over the place, as usual. I recently purchased this book titled, Change Almost Anything In 21 Days; it's by an author named Ruth Fishel. The premise is that words are powerful!(I already knew that). Affirmations are powerful as well. (I knew that too). The book states that if a person writes a positive affirmation that is "possible", (10 times),in the present tense for 21 days straight, then on the 21st day, it should happen. We manifest it. Isn't that absolutely amazing?

So. . . I'm checking it out and I'll let you know if it works for me on the 21st day, which will be sometime in January 2006. For now, I won't tell you what I'm trying to change (LOL). However, I believe it's very possible. I believe in a lot of things that most people would laugh at me for even considering. Reincarnation, spirits, spirit guides, guardian angels, psychic ability, dreams, totums, astrology are all topics I could discuss at length with much passion. Just ask my friends (smile).

What else? (I know I'm rambling).It still amazes me how many readers think that writers are what they write. Amazing. That may be the case for some writers; I couldn't say. I've always heard that we should write what we know. For those of you who have read my novels, The Ties That Bind, Loose Ends, and Almost Doesn't Count, you know I write pretty racy relationship based dramas. I can't tell you how many times readers have come up to me at signings and say, "Oh, you're sooooo sweet." I don't know who they are expecting to meet. . . maybe a sexpot (LOL). . . but that trips me out. Writers creative these imaginary worlds inside our minds. That's what we do. I admit, a piece of myself is probably in every book I write, but it's just a itsy bitsy piece (LOL).

I recently finished the manuscript for my fourth novel, Ladies Night Out, which is scheduled for release sometime in 2006, probably the summer. After I finished, I felt so sad. I'm always like that...the completion of a manuscript means my day-to-day interaction and being connected to my main characters is over. I miss them. Then, I go through the stage of getting over the fear of releasing my words to the universe. However, I have such loyal readers that you guys always show me love.

More musings. It's almost Christmas! Can you believe it? Man, time flies. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday of the year because I have such good memories that go hand in hand with it. I recall such good times with family members who have passed on. Around Christmastime, the world takes on another feel that embraces me. Love, peace and good cheer is in the air and in abundance. Plus, I fell in love for the first time one Christmas years ago (smile). And ladies, you know we never forget our first loves; I'll tell you about him one day. On the flip side, I have bitter sweet memories of my mom, who is now deceased, shopping and laughing and spending time with me. Dot, as she was affectionally called, loved this time of the year so much.

Well, let me let you go. Thanks for spending a moment in time with me; a moment that will never come around again. I pray that 2006 will bring bigger and better ones. To the people on the literary side (you know who you are), who played positive, supportive and mentoring roles in my life, your time and energies were greatly appreciated! To my readers: I love you guys; you warm my heart.

Merry Xmas,

Electa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home