Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Star is Born





I'm simply beaming. . . grinning from ear to ear. Actually, cheesing!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it


I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning or maybe the never-ending night before Christmas. My anticipation is heavy in the universe; seems like I've waited forever for this moment. Today, I officially received my sonogram photo (my book cover). And the projected date of birth is December 29, 2009, a few days earlier than expected. However, from all indications, my baby girl, Diary of a Stalker, is healthy and strong, in the best of hands, and ready to make her glorious entrance into the world. She is being highly anticipated by many aunties and uncles (avid readers) eager to take that first glimpse. So, the countdown begins. . .

Diary of a Stalker will be my sixth book and I'm still as excited and antsy as I was when my first baby, The Ties That Bind, entered the world on a cold wintry morning. Wow! Do I really have a six-year old? My, but time does fly!

It is such an exhilarating feeling to see all my hard work, all my blood, sweat and tears finally pay off. To witness an idea/storyline start from scratch, simply from my imagination, to feel the characters grow stronger and more vibrant each and every day, to literally come alive in my mind, to see the final result. . . of my vivid imagination. . . to hold the finished product in my hands, there are absolutely no words to describe that feeling. It is such a nature high that it is truly magical, almost spiritual. Dropping a novel really is tantamount to giving birth and announcing your baby to the world.

I have always been a very protective, shielding and super sensitive mother because I want everyone to love and embrace my new child as they did her siblings before her. I want her to be welcomed into the fold and for everyone to "ooh" and "aah" over her and tell me how beautiful she is:} I sit back and simply beam like the proud parent I am. I can see no wrong, in my eyes!

After all is said and done, I wouldn't trade it for the world, being an author. I love my life. I love being a creator of characters that will live on long after I'm dead and buried. It blows my mind to think that someone, possibly 50 years from now, could be reading my books. I've always heard and know from personal experience that the pain of childbirth is all but forgotten as soon as the new parent takes a glimpse of the new baby. I am pretty sure that on December 29th all my worries, fears, misgivings and doubts will dissipate like a thief in the night and all that will remain is. . . joy, pure absolute joy.

So stick around as I prepare for my new addition. I'm sure I'll offer up plenty of commentary. Of course, my readers (I'm so possessive of you guys) are cordially invited to the baby shower. I can share all my tales of how she was conceived (LOL). I was sitting in a restaurant and I said, "I'm going to write a book about this fanatical fan who..." And now, she is almost here. Unbelievable.

Wow! I have a new baby coming soon and I couldn't be more excited or proud.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will definitely try my best to be up and in front of my PC or on the phone at 7pm cst which is 8pn est. Reader's Paradise named "Ladies Night Out" our Book of the Year (BOTY)We enjoyed the diva-licious foursome.

Electa found her way on my radar back in 2002. From "The Ties the Bind" to its sequel Loose End Ms. Parks has been a favorite of mine for a long time.
Readers Paradise will definitely be rerading Diary of a Stalker

Tuesday, December 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home