Thursday, October 22, 2009

Toxic People



1. Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

2. To have friends, you must be a friend.

3. Expect to be treated a certain way---a respectful way.

4. Never trust a liar.



These are just some of the creeds my children have heard from me at various times
during their short lifetime. They are simple antidotes that have served me well in life and I gladly pass them on to Brandon and Briana. There are many others, too many to name, that I share as well when the need arises.

Expect to be treated a certain way. We receive only what we allow.

I live by that on a day-to-day basis. I am special; we all are. This statement is not coming from a place of arrogance but from a stance of spiritually. I am special. And because of that, I expect to be handled as such. I value my life, my body, my intellect, my talent and I expect others too as well. If a person can't handle that, well, they need to get to stepping because I don't need them in my life.

I will not allow someone, anyone, to talk down to me or attempt to make me feel like a lesser person. I know clearly who and what I am. Do you?

I don't need anyone in my life who isn't supportive, encouraging, inspiring and positive because I try to bring those qualities to the table when I deal with others. I can't deal with, nor do I have to, people who are unhappy with their lives for whatever reasons, so they attempt to make everyone around them unhappy and miserable. Does that sound like someone you know?

If you are unhappy with your life, then change it, you have that power in your hands to make a difference in how you live your life. Don't go through life miserable; it's too short. Make a change(s). Be happy. Be free.

I can't tolerate people who always see the negative side of every situation they find themselves in. The cup is always half empty, not half full. They complain, complain, complain --- no matter how trivia the situation may be. Ask yourself: Will it matter a year from now?

I try not to surround myself with people who are constantly talking about someone else. People they know and even the ones they don't know personally are fair game. Take a quick look in the mirror before you throw stones.

I refuse to deal with people who think their opinion is the only one. They talk over you, under you, refusing to let you get a word in edgewise. We can agree to disagree and remain civil. Here's a clue: The loudest talker doesn't translate to the smartest one.

I hate being around people who as long as they are sharing and talking about things of interest to them, they are fine, but as soon as it's the other person's turn, they lose interest. Wake up. The world doesn't revolve around you. Share in the joys of others.

Life lesson: Life is too short to waste on people who sap you of your positivity.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home