Thursday, August 12, 2010

Believe Them

I consider myself to be a genuine observer of people and life in general.


I have always had the unique ability to pick up on a person's aura (spirit) within minutes of meeting them. I can't say I have never been misled, but usually I am on point in knowing who is genuine and who is not so genuine.

I don't necessarily feel I'm an observer of people simply because I'm a writer, however, that is probably part of it, but also because human nature fascinates me to no end. That's probably why I minored in sociology in college, am intrigued with psychology, and my favorite TV shows, besides reality shows, are the ones such as Criminal Minds, which deals with profiling and understanding human behavior, deviant though it may be. Bottom line: People intrigue me.

I was listening to a radio show (V-103) on my commute into the city and the radio personality talked about an article he had read a few days earlier. Basically, the article stated that a research company completed a study that followed a select number of children from the time they were 5 or 6 years old until adulthood.
It was interesting to note that the same personality they exhibited when extensively interviewed as children, whether bubbly, happy, cranky, selfish, sad, bad, etc.,was the same personality they exhibit as an adult.

Isn't that like, "Wow!" Our personalities are ingrained in us and do not change from as early as five years old. This rings true as one of my favorite quotes is by Maya Angelou, "when people show you who they are, believe them."

Our personalities speak for themselves! Believe them!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home